Participate in the Contest
Guideline and formalities on how to participate in the contest
- Eligibility. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Everybody from within and from outside the controls community is invited to participate. High school students, undergraduate and graduate students of all majors, as well as researchers from all over the world are eligible to participate.
- Video. Prepare a video clip on a subject related to control theory or automatic control! The video may focus on a particular topic or on the field in general, but has to have the potential to promote the field. Videos must have decent quality (desirably 720p or more, at least 480p) and no longer than five minutes length. You must have the right to use the video and must incorporate non-copyrighted material only. All relevant dialogues should be in English or subtitled in English.
- Legal. Make sure you have the right to use the video and that you incorporate non-copyrighted material only. For details, see the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest legal information.
- Upload. You have to upload the video on YouTube. The description of the video must start with “[IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest 2017 Submission]”.
- Submit. Register your video on the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest submission website by July 1, 2017.
- Jury. Your video will be judged by a a renowned IEEE CSS jury. All videos are treated equal and are judged by quality, creativity, and potential to promote the field. For details, see the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest jury information.
- Prizes. The best videos will be awarded $1000 for the 1st place, $500 for the 2nd place, and $250 for the 3rd place. Moreover, the 1st place winner is invited to the 2017 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications on Kohala Coast, Hawaii from August 27 to 30 2017. For the conference, the 1st place winner is awarded a travel grant as well as conference registration. Winners are notified by July 15, 2017. For details, see the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest prizes.
- After completion of the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest, the winners and the top video clips will be presented on the IEEE CSS Video Clip Contest submissions website.