Local Area Support Systems
The purpose of the LASS program is to support technical activities of an IEEE CSS Chapter with a grant of $1,000.
These are the guidelines to apply for the LASS grant.
- The Chapter Chair will contact the Vice President of Member Activities a few months before the event for which the support is asked occurs.
- The request submitted by the Applicant must contain the following info
- Chapter name
- Title of the proposed technical activity, date and location
- Number of people involved in the activity (estimated)
- Number of IEEE members involved in the activity (estimated)
- Brief budget
- Proposed arrangements to promote IEEE/CSS membership
- Additional benefit made possible by LASS support if granted
- There is a requirement that IEEE CSS membership is promoted at the event. The CSS logo and an acknowledgement of support must be made at the event, on the webpage, and on all other material.
- There should be some clear indication of the additional benefit made possible by LASS; and also from where the remaining funding will be obtained.
- The Vice President of Member Activities will decide whether the request is or is not approved.
- There is a limit of one grant per chapter per year.
- At the end of the event that received the LASS support, a short report, financial statement, and a completed request form for society funding must be sent by the applicant to the Vice President of Member Activities.
Note that the Distinguished Lecture Program has also been used in conjunction with this resource capability to augment the support to the local Chapter to hold an event.